You'll probably want to drink this every day but you should really only drink it on special occasions.
Just because sometimes things become less special the more you have them. If you drink this Birthday Cake-Tail every day, that'll become normal and imagine a world where Birthday Cake-Tails aren't a special treat!
In that world, chicken schnitzels would be crumbed with emeralds, dirty vats of tar would be mixed with blades of solid gold and truffle oil would be used to loosen up rusty bike wheels.
I garnished these tasty bevvies with tiny cupcakes, which I baked in a little silicon candy mould. If you don't have a mould, you can just bake a cake and chuck little cubes of the cake onto a skewer - maybe frost the cubes and roll them in sprinkles or ice them with a colourful icing. Or you could thread some gummy candies on a skewer. Anything that looks cute!
Birthday Cake-Tail Ingredients
makes 1 cake-tail (multiply recipe to make more!)
- ¼ cup white chocolate bits
- App. 8 frozen strawberries
- ⅓ cup milk (plus 1 tablespoon)
- 1 tablespoon Greek or vanilla yoghurt
Birthday Cake-Tail Instructions
1. Put white chocolate and the one tablespoon milk in a small microwave-safe bowl and microwave for 20 seconds then remove and stir until just smooth
2. Blend the melted white chocolate and all other ingredients in a blender until smooth
Birthday Cake-Tail Sprinkle Rim Ingredients
- ¼ sprinkles (little round ones work best)
- 1 teaspoon honey
Birthday Cake-Tail Sprinkle Rim Instructions
1. Use plastic cling wrap or a plastic zip-lock bag to smear honey around the rim of your glass (or you can use your fingers if you don't mind a bit of stickiness)
2. Pour sprinkles onto a small plate
3. Turn glass upside down and grind it into the sprinkles until the whole rim is evenly coated in sprinkles
Birthday Cake-Tail Assembly
1. Pour cake-tail from blender into the glass rimmed with sprinkles
2. Stick your garnishes onto a wood skewer and stick it in the cocktail (you might need to trim the skewer depending what sort of glass you're using)
3. Stick a straw into the cocktail (again, you may need to trim it)
4. Serve straight away!
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!