I'm quite pleased to have squeezed the word 'doughnut' into the title of this blog post four HOLE times! My SEO is going to be off the charts.
I love doughnuts. So much! Which is exactly why I try to do blog posts about them as rarely as possible. With cakes, I can take a couple bites to make sure it's yummy then give the rest away. But with doughnuts, I can't stop myself! I must, and I will, eat every doughnut in sight.
I do enjoy making my own doughnuts but I wanted to do something easier to celebrate International Doughnut Day. So, I used a few store-bought things to bring this Doughnuts on Doughnuts on a Doughnut Cake together.
Doughnuts on Doughnuts on a Doughnut Cake - Large Doughnut Base Cake
- 1 white cake baked in a bundt pan (you can use your favourite basic white cake recipe or just use a box of mix!)
- 1 cup butter (225g) at room temperature
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon pink food colouring
1. Using an electric mixer, beat together butter and icing sugar until combined and fluffy
2. Add milk and beat well
3. Add food colouring and beat well
4. When cake is cooled, frost the top of it to look like icing on a doughnut
Doughnuts on Doughnuts on a Doughnut Cake - Decorations
- 4 small doughnuts with chocolate icing and sprinkles
- 1/4 cup Cheerios
- 1/2 cup icing sugar
- 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
- 2 teaspoons milk
- Drop pink food colouring
1. Get two small bowls and put 1/4 cup icing sugar in each one
2. To one bowl, add the 2 teaspoons cocoa powder
3. Add 1 teaspoon of milk to each bowl and stir well
4. Add the pink food colouring to the bowl without the cocoa and stir well
5. Using tweezers, dip each Cheerio into the icing, coating it to halfway down
6. Place iced Cheerio on a flat surface and repeat until you have as many chocolate and pink iced Cheerios as you want
7. Put sprinkles on half of the tiny Cheerio doughnuts
Doughnuts on Doughnuts on a Doughnut Cake - Assembly
1. Add some of the pink Cheerio doughnuts to tops of the small doughnuts (you may need to use a bit of your icing to secure them)
2. Arrange your small doughnuts in a pile on one side of the large doughnut cake
3. Place your tiny chocolate-iced Cheerio doughnuts around the pile
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!