Cupcakes have peaked. They've been the trendiest treat for a good solid decade but I'm calling it - the cupcake industry is ripe for disruption.
And I have just the disruption! My Noodle Box cupcakes are the delicious disruption you've been waiting for.
It's easy as can be and presents very well at parties. If you decide to whip them up, I'd love to see your snaps! Just tag me at @thingsbybean and #thingsbybean over on Instagram!
Noodle Box Cupcakes Supplies
makes 10 noodle box cupcakes (if you're using MINI noodle boxes)
1 sheet cake (you can use a box mix or just your favourite white cake recipe)
10 mini noodle boxes (I ordered mine from Shindigs and they measure about 7x6cm)
2 cups icing sugar
125g butter at room temperature
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon milk
Piping bag with small round tip
Decorations for the top (I used little slices of musk sticks)
Noodle Box Cupcake Instructions
1. Once your cake has cooled, place one of your noodle boxes on the cake and cut around the base with a knife
2. Next, place that small square of cake on top of the cake and cut another square slightly bigger than the first one
3. Repeat until you've cut up the entire cake, keeping the smaller squares and the slightly larger squares separate
4. In an electric mixer, beat together butter and icing sugar until light and fluffy
5. Add the vanilla and milk and beat until combined
6. Scoop the frosting into your piping bag fitted with a small circular tip
7. Place the smaller squares in the bottom of each noodle box
8. Pipe a little bit of frosting on top of the small cake squares then place the larger cake squares on top of them
9. Pipe your "noodles" onto the top of each cake then place your decorations
Subscribe to Bean Mail to stay on top
of this here blog situation!